Fall seems sooooo perfect on the internet, but in reality it’s wet and gloomy. Which can really put a damper on our mood and activities. Just because the weather is gloomy and your mood might reflect it doesn’t mean you have to dress in sweats and hang out at the house (but by all means that is great as well). To beat the gloomy funk why not wear fun colors! I love this mustard colored dress that I have had for a long time paired with some maroon colored leggings. The colors go great together and are a great pop of color for grey days. Since it’s rainy layering is key, so a great cardigan is a must. This cardigan from Old Navy (and the one I have linked) are the perfect weight for chilly to semi-warm days. And boots! When it’s raining, soggy and chilly you need a a pair of boots. A pair of riding boots, bean boots or rain boots will work just fine. I really like bean boots because they are really roomy so perfect for different thicknesses of socks and they keep your feet warm.
When it’s rainy, gloomy or just soggy you don’t just have to sit at home but I have some fun ideas for staying at home as well.
Rainy Activities Out:
- Antique Shopping! Most antique stores are clumped together or in large warehouses so you don’t have to trek through the rain. It’s so much fun to look at old, unwanted stuff even if you aren’t buying anything.
- Movies! If you go solo it’s even better. Get that great popcorn and sneak in candies and watch a horror flick or a movie that will have you sobbing or laughing.
- Coffee Date! Rainy days are the perfect days to try out a new coffee shop, get some computer work done or read a book.
- Art Fairs! Some are outside but grab a hat and go see all of the local talent.
- Art Museums or Galleries! Rainy days are the perfect day to explore local artist’s work.
- Create a cheese plate, put on something on Netflix and have a pumpkin beer tasting party.
- Bake! Hit up Pinterest for some festive foods and get to baking.
- Get Crafty! Now’s the time to start that craft you have been waiting to work on, paint something or start up a new crafty hobby like knitting.
- Have an at home spa day!